Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yellowstone Experience


Last September I traveled with my family to Yellowstone National Park. I have to say it was extrodinary! I never expected to see such beauty!
You stand there overlooking the endless beauty and then that voice starts creeping in. You know, that little voice that says.. " um..excuse me.....but you do realize you are standing on top of a LIVE volcano?" It's funny how sometimes danger is so enticing. Even knowing that soon after we left, it rumbled for a day, it doesn't stop me from planning another even longer stay at the park. At one point while capturing a coyote coming down a path at me, it wasn't until the lens stopped that I realized that I couldn't focus anymore because he was standing only 3 feet in front of me (hoping I would get off his path) that I was in reach of immediate danger. The coyote crouched down and I stepped out of his way with no hesitation. But I now can see how someone can get eaten or stampeded or whatever. The beauty and ahh of the whole experience kinda puts you in a trance of sorts.
If you get a chance, visit but take at least two or more days to see everything.
You can experience my visit at
I'll post the coyote under Curious Creatures sometime soon. As I'm not done with the whole PayPal thing yet.

No comments:

Hideaway Hilda

Hideaway Hilda